Southern College of Optometry accepts applications from all countries.
International students are subject to the same requirements as US citizens for the application process (see Application Requirements)
plus the following:
- Foreign (non U.S./Canadian) transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluation service and the evaluation forwarded to OptomCAS. Suggested evaluation services include World Education Services, Josef Sinly & Associates, Educational Credential Evaluators, and the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
- Each applicant must present official translations of their academic record, as well as certified originals.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must submit TOEFL scores.
After a tentative acceptance has been offered, foreign nonimmigrant students must submit additional materials to the Admissions office. These items include the following:
- Certified copy of the birth certificate
- Financial Affidavit (see below)
- Tuition deposit covering the first year's tuition and fees, plus books and equipment
- Copy of passport
Foreign nonimmigrant applicants are required to present a financial affidavit that he/she has adequate funds for the proposed course of study. The affidavit needs to establish clearly the financial responsibility that the guarantor assumes for the applicant's expenses. A suitable form will be provided by the Admissions Office. Foreign nonimmigrant applicants must complete all requirements for acceptance by July 1 of the year of expected entry to the college. Please contact the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information.