Get Started

Enter a search request and press enter. Press Esc or the X to close.


Debt Calculator

Welcome to the SCO Debt Calculator!

Our debt calculator was created to assist current and prospective students with estimating projected debt from optometry school. Please select one of the following buttons to get started!

Prospective Students Current Students


How Your Projected Debt and Repayment Figures Are Calculated

To calculate your annual debt, we add the amounts you have supplied for tuition and fees, living expenses, books and equipment, and then subtract your expected contributions.

When calculating your projected debt over your four years of college, we make the following assumptions:

  • 90% of your student loans are unsubsidized, and the other 10% are subsidized.
  • Interest on the unsubsidized loans accumulates at 5%-6% per year while in school.
  • Tuition and fees increase by 3% per year.

For your repayment figures, we assume that the interest on your student loan is 6%.