The Southern College of Optometry Residency Director reviews all applicants being considered for admission.
The applicant must:
- have earned the Doctor of Optometry degree by the time of matriculation from a school or college of optometry accredited by the Council on Optometric Education;
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average in the optometry professional curriculum as specified in the Program Description;
- furnish complete transcripts of all optometric education;
- take and pass all parts of the National Board Examinations and submit the results of those examinations;
- provide letters of recommendation;
- must be eligible for optometric state licensure
- have an interview with the supervisor of the program.
- all residency applications shall be evaluated without regard to sex, race, color, creed, national origin, or disabilities.
Download Residency Handbook
The application deadline for SCO residencies is January 30.